Samstag, 13. Mai 2017

The Rhubarb Kitchen- ✧ Rhubarb Sirup ✧

✧ Rhubarb Madness ✧



Why call this rhubarb madness? I guess you could say its becasue I really love it. But it´s not quiet the right answer. I enjoy it a lot, if made with complementary foods like good old strawberry or exciting flavours.

I chose the name, due to my head overflowing with ideas of rhubarb everything. In here in there. It´s rare for me, to be this fluent in my brain.

I could´nt include all of my ideas, so here is a nice selection of deliciousness with rhubarb.



Let´s start it easy mode, with rhubarb-vanilla sirup. Always nice to have in the fridge, with some soda or sparkling beverages, topped of with a pinch of lemon juice or cut up strawberries.




Rhubarb Sirup

Ingredients:
  • 250g Rhubarb
  •  0,8 l Water
  • 50g sugar /+ 250g sugar
  • vanilla extract or whole vanilla
  • zest and juice of a lemon

Instructions:
  • Cut the front and back part of the rhubarb and peel it, cut into small pieces
  • Place the rhubarb into a big enough pot and put 50g of sugar on top
  • Let it soke for 1h
  • Stir the rhubarb around and add the water, lemon zest and juice tot he mixture, as well as the vanilla extract or a sliced open vanilla bean
  • Heat the stove up to a high temperatur and wait until it simmers
  • Turn the heat down to a medium level and let simmer for 15 min.
  • Next up, take a siffer as well as a kitchentowel and place them both over a pot, so bottom pot, than siffer, than towel
  • Take the mixture from the stove and pour it into the towel
  •  Press onto the towel, so all juice flows into the pot
  • Take the pot onto the stove and add the remaining 250g sugar
  • Heat it up to a high lever and keep it on there for 3-4 min., the sugar should desolve completly, If you need a little bit more sourness, just add a package of lemon acid (powdered)
  • Next up, clean a big enough bottle (around 1l should be good) out with boiling hot water and add the sirup to the bottle
  • Let cool down completely


Now, you have a perfect flavour bomb for all your rhubarb desires. Mix the sirup with soda, into cocktails, into desserts.

So here you are, at the end of my first part. Tasted the sweet, sweet flavor of rhubarb liquidity from a striped straw in the spring sun with birds chirping around.

What could be better? Maybe my next rhubarb piece, that I will show you next week, so stay tuned.

Until then, enjoy those sparkling glasses of pale pinkness.

See you, my lovelies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen