Dienstag, 14. Juni 2016

Back to the Basics: New cooking series

Trying new things the old way.





I am really excited. Somehow I felt inspired about making things my own.It has always been a passion of mine. DIY-ing, sewing, drawing are all projects you do yourself and want to create something. This year has been all about the food.

Such a foodie


Food is a huge part of my life. I need it but I also want it. To be honest, you can't really come along without noticing the food topics swirling around in the media and in peoples heads. 

Control, what goes into your body

One aspect, that has somehow got lost (for me personally) is making my food myself or having control over it, the best I can. Lets be serious. We don't really know whats inside our everyday food. Even easy mode things can contain a lot of crap, sugar and most of the times just unnecessary fillers. 








Basic knowledge

It really annoys me. So lets make something good for ourselves and learn something old fashioned. I am really sad, to never learned those skills from my grandparents but now is the time to teach it to myself (and also the help from my mom, who also likes those things a lot)
This series "Back to the Basics" is all about making things yourself again. In the kitchen, obviously.

A nice little side effect is the opened possibilities for your food loving friends a nice gifts.


It will be about learning how to make
  • stocks
  • sauces
  • jams
  • sirups
  • inserts
  • and basics things you just don't have to buy, because making them makes hell lot of fun and tastes so much better

All over BBQ sauce 

I wanted to start this series, due to a really good BBQ sauce I made with my lovely boyfriend.  We made it last year and this year again. I started to realize how much I enjoyed the process, the end product and the fact that I know what´s inside the sauce. Actually a lot more, than I would, if I bought a BBQ sauce at the store.

So, I  hope you´re all as excited as I am.

Until the first part of the Series, enjoy your day (my day is darn rainy, german summers, YAY),

See you



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen