Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2017

☁ April Favorites ☀




 ☁ April Favorites 



This april flew by, with storms, snowfall and loads of rain. But weather is weather, and I am not starting to be one of those people, who complain about the weather (like they could actually change it).

Instead, I wanna show you the things, that made me truly happy, made me laugh, smile, breathe and 
my soul run free. Just little things, or bigger ones that stuck in my head during april.

And now, what is appealing in april?

Things


Blue Bomberjaket, Kauf dich glücklich

Something more grabable, more materialistic, but I bough it and love it, ever since. Kauf dich glücklich is a super duper nordic store, founded in northern Germany. They have some very chic but casual pieces with wonderful fabrics. Like my deep dark blue bomber jacket. I really don't know what drove me to buy it. Usually, I think about clothes for a long time, before I get them. But this piece is just so soothing for the skin and eye. Matches my wardrobe and is something very new. I love it.
(Link here)

Fresh tulips from the field

April had a very colorful side, and you could see it, if you drove from my house to the city. Down the hill and alongside the forest and in the middle of me and the city, a field of self-cuttable tulips. They are red, yellow, white but the pink shades were the real stunner. We took them to decorate my moms birthday table and they were just beautiful (and lasted a good time, if you cut the stems half way down). Something you see and just appreciate the beauty.

Rhubarb

Wait, there is something coming for that, like a few Blogposts, but for now let me just say, rhubarb is a great ingredient for a lot of things. German rhubarb cake, rhubarb in lemonade or as a jam. All sweet, sour and delicious.

Asparagus

If there is one legume on top, it is definitely asparagus in April. And man o man, I love that green or white bit of water and cellulose. But its definitely healthy and super jummy. Best enjoyed as a cream soup or rolled into a pancake with sauce hollandaise.


Happenings


Night of Delights

On the very first of April, we went to a culinaric event in stuttgart. Prepared and cooked in a FEINKOSTGESCHÄFt called "Feinkost Böhm" and served on little plates. The idea is really nice. You buy a ticket with several food and drink items on. During the evening, you can decide, when to eat the single treats and also, in which order. They had some delicious asparagus soup and other treats. The nicest thing though, was our long stay with friends and family, stroling around stuttgart and meeting up again.

Easter Brunch

On easter monday, we had our long planned easter brunch. So many people came and the weather wasn't playing with us, so we all had to snuggle in our dining room. Plenty of food and little snacks waited for hungry mouthes to be eaten. It was a very nice day, with friends and conversations around the table. No one felt left behind. Thats a true matching circle of friends, even if some just met on that day.

Visiting the Tennental

On a universitiy-free day, we decided to take a little car ride to a very special place in my heart, the Tennental. It is a demeter-certified farm, wood and metal factory. They produce truly organic food and wonderful art objects out of copper. The nicest thing, the place is like an village and the inhabitants are mainly disabled people. With the help of their BETREUER, they work and live here. I made a little video about the day (--> you can watch it HERE <--)

Cycling around lake constanz

On a sunny sunday, my family went to the "Reichenau" island, in the middle of lake constanz. It is a little apart from normal life and feels just like a teeny tiny vacations island. With more greenhouses than inhabitants, its mainly filled with fresh produce in the spring and summer. I filmed the whole experience. (If you like to watch it click HERE, Link will be there soon =) )


People


Simon and Martina

Ok, now look, I don't know why, but I know this youtube channel for a long time, but just now started to watch it a lot more often. I guess its because of their move to japan. They truly celebrate food and enjoy every day. I feel inspired by their happy minds and adorable humor. Its a channel worth checking out and feeling very hungry afterwards. (Link to their youtube channel)

Rachel and Jun

Another super informative youtube channel about japan. But they are more looking for tips and tricks, on how living in japan is and how to behave properly. You can watch them petting foxes in a fox park or telling funny stories about misunderstandings. (Link to their youtube channel)


Movie


Into the Wild

I know, I know, this movie is already out there for quiet some time. But it is so beautiful, just the pictures, the message and the main character. It its truly inspiring for myself and hopefully for others too. Sometimes you don't need much materialistic things to feel rich. Rich in memories and more importantly, freedom.

As always, feel inspired and maybe you try something as well (like delicious rhubarb, or fresh tulips).

Until next time, have a great pre-summer day and hopefully a stress level 0-1

See you lovelies







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen