Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017

⚘ May Favorites ⚘

⚘ Magnificent in May ⚘



I would likely say, may is my favorite month. Just in between spring and summer. It fells like summer but still has the green richness of spring. Flowers everywhere, especially wildflowers start blooming in their beauty.

Some of my favorites are now bundled up in this short but sweet blogpost. They may be common or new to you. Maybe you even get some inspiration from them. So enjoy.



Things

Cookbook, Lomelinos Cakes, Tartes & Pies
Linda Lomelino is one of my favorite cookbook authors and a big inspiration for my food photography (basically the first cookbook author who stunned me aways with her photography).
So as I heard her new book was out, I immediately grabbed it for myself. It is such a beauty, filled with delicious sounding recipes. Cant wait to try them all out.


Book Transformationsdesign
I got this book last summer, but didn't came around reading it until a month ago. It is sometimes hard to read and you really have to pay attention, but the message is aligning with mine. Save this planet with reduction and new ways of thinking. A very informative and smart book.


Earrings
A pair of rose quart earrings for my birthday. They dangle beautifully from my ears. Just dainty and a touch of color. Just my usual style choice.


Black Forest Cake
Made a very traditional black forest cake for my dad. It was filled with cherries and vanilla cream. There is nothing better than chocolate, cherries and cream. Mhhhh.


New plant Friend
My family gifted me a new plant friend. Hanging from my ceiling, its now a welcomed greenery in my room. I appreciate those gifts a lot. Its alive and doesn't leave any waste behind.


Peonies
Those flowers are  just beautiful. They bloom in our front garden. Red and soon the pink ones will open as well. Filled flowers with no scent (in my opinion), but a stunning color.


Happenings

open air bath season
On the 1. of may, our local open air bath opened its doors again. So on every hot day, I swam and swam and swam. Also, getting better at doing the crawl. (proud) Swimming is relaxing in every way for me.



long sunsets in nature
The days get longer and the air warmer, so there is nothing keeping me inside of my hot little room. Staying outside as the sun slowly sinks down, hearing the birds chirp really loud or the blackbirds fighting for the best spot for food, there is nothing more I want for some evenings (maybe soon food).



visiting Strasbourg
I had been there before. But not in the really pretty "Petite France"(I know, the name is kind of ironic). Street next to little narrow street and in between restaurants, shops and one of the best fromageries for comte I had so far. Strasbourg is just a hop from us, so going there on my birthday was a wonderful surprise.


People

Kristen Leo - Youtube -
She is a real beauty, but has loads of brains and compassion, too. From the first video, she was totally up my alley. Talking about veganism, fair fashion, thrifting and healthy living. A sweet chanel with light but also heavy videos. Sadly, I already watched all of her videos and have to wait until new ones come out. My bad.


Movie/TV

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
Trashy, over the top and kind of nostalgic. The second part of the guardians franchise had some mayor laughs up their sleeves.  A good old superhero movie with some chaotic and bad but also good characters. I really enjoyed the first one and was happy with the second one.


Westworld
I stumbled across this series a few weeks ago. It is so damn good and deep in a way, you wouldn't expect it to be. The plot is about a theme park, that looks like a western movie. Filled with robots, that look exactly like humans, the hosts. As time goes by, something is just not right there anymore. But watch it yourself, its really good and way to short, with just one season out there.



Thats a little look into a very nice may and some pretty nice things, happenings, etc
Wish you all a very nice day and loads of warm weather.

Until next time, see you lovelies








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen