Sonntag, 26. Februar 2017

☀ Fresh Space for Spring ☀




☀ Sometimes you just need something fresh, something just different. You see someone who seems so much more like you want to be. In my case, that a room, a room with light and more light, and fluff and pink and much more. But also not more, like minimal. Sounds confusing, Yeah, it sure is. But I wanted to do it so I just done it. Pretty proud of myself to be true. So proud of my little body to get this done by myself. What the F is she talking about you think. Let me show you.


Its Spring, very slowly to be honest, but the birds are hella loud right now and I saw my first bees of the year flying around the easter flowers that already began to wilk (why, Its not even close to easter? So don't wilk). And liken every human I am a little late on the OH its a new Year already train and started to realize something needs to change in my Space, this case my little room.







☀ I guess its best to have something peticular in your mind when it comes to redesigning anything. Like a picture, a mood or a color sceme. My mind is all about light pastel pinks, white and some dark green plants for the touch of live. Also light wood, furry materials and airy appearance. If I should name this aesthetic, it would be "the purist of soft and pink".


☀ This could be an easy trade, if you do it in little steps and one by one. At first, I thought this would be a task of a few weeks. I made myself a plan and worked trough it, just enough so I wouldn´t get anoyied. In the end, this should be something I like to do, right?
Now, 1,5 weeks later, I sit in front of my new desk (that cost me just 12€) and I am a happy little soul.






☀ So what where my plans at first. For everyone changing their room I would suggest first checking out some inspiration on what it should look like in the end. Best place is definetly Pinterest.
As well as overviewing your room and trying to incorporate the materials you already have. In the end, I wanted this to be a slight investion not a big splurge.
My room is small, has a ladder to climb up to my bed and one angled wall that its really hard to play with.






☀ I also have a lot of white furniture, like cupboards and a white dresser.
Fast forward I took inspiration of some pinterest pics and made a rough outline of my room on some paper. I would also suggest getting a good sense of what you want to incoporate into your room.
☀ More minimalistic was my goal and that meant not to much should be new in there.
I figured out I needed a desk badly, a new rug and some plants to freshen it up.
So now onto the actual "changing process".
In simple words,
  • I got rid of my big dresser, that I didn´t use anyway
  • I cleaned my wood floor (because the f-ing anti-slide matt from IKEA destroyed the floor and was a hard surface of stickiness)
  • Next up was a nice IKEA shopping-spree and a jump into the craft store
    • I got a desk-lamp, two fluffy rugs, some book organization, two stands
    • also pink wall-color from "Feine Farben" (Alpina) in the color "Zarte Romantik",              a gummy-tree
  • on the weekend my dear friend Jenny came over and helped my paint my walls, three of them white and one pink (which I painted white first for a good color outcome)
  • last thing on my list was my desk, the most important newcomer to my little space

☀ I think for everyone searching for a quick desk-solution, you should probably think about the two stands and a wood-countertop solution. I promise you its easy and affordable (also the prettiest table I had so far). IKEA has a good selection of those. The top was from my parents collection of old wood in our barn.






☀ And voilà, a slight change for my room. Lets just end this with a bright smile and a happy Lena sitting in front of her new desk and feeling super duper.

☀ This room is not done yet, so there should be coming something up, if I have a decent wall behind my  desk, that is right now graced with the calendar of talented photographer Phottisserie and a cork postcard from my love.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen