Sonntag, 26. März 2017

◊ Short but Sweet - Stay in Paris ◊




It has been the second time, last was already over 1,5 years ago. Seems like yesterday. I could remember the city map as well als my favorite places. But this trip should be a lot different. Places, people, where to stay and eat.

Lets be real, I am just a planning kind of girl. Plan this, arrange that, but city trips. Theres nothing nicer than planning these. But I wanted to destress a little bit this time and just take a tiny amount of places to go safely and others to wander around. And oh boy, we did wander around so much. (My sister checked her footstep tracker, first day it said 29km !!!).

I kind of wanted to have a good balance here. My first priority for money spending is always good food and experience. But this time I even got something to wear.

Lets just ramble about each day in an order, shall we? Plus, I also tracked the cost, for anyone who wonders about that.



◊ Day 1, Wednesday ◊





We arrived around 10am in the Gare du L´Est, which is a good central place to start your trip from.
We decided to walk instead of taking the metro and I guess that was the moment we decided to take the metro as few times as possible.

The area is kind of ok, but like always in paris, exploring the little side streets is worth a try. We strolled along a freaking cute portuguese café with delicious looking pastels de nata. (puff paistry with cinnamon and vanilla pudding inside).

After a long walk to our little apartment we decided to nap on something warm, due to the check in time later. The place is called Cannibale Café and I can say the hot cocoa was delicious and appropirated priced (4€ for a cup of hot milk and a chocolate sirup to pull in)

Check in done, so we took our feet and walked all the way to the louvre. On our way, I man, those streets are filled with the cutest shops I have ever seen in such a little space. Café, crêperie, boulangerie. All tempting.





We walked over the Place de la Republique until we reached the Louvre. I have already seen it so we decided to watch the Searoses from Monet instead. They are in a lovely and small place called Musée de l´Orangerie, just a ten minute walk apart from the Louvre. Its not a lot but so relaxing and beautiful.

The rest of the day was a slight downer. We walked to the eiffel tower, alongside the Seine, but the weather was nasty. I was honestly relived, as we finally took the metro to ride back to the Place de la Republique. There is a small bar in the middle of the place and we needed some time to rest and drink something to warm my frozen inner self up. The hot lemon was plenty but too sour and cost too much in my opinion (5,20€).

But nevertheless, we had a good day and after a great Burger and some white wine at Blend Hamburger , my mood was up again. Their burgers are a good size and the wine was yummy. It cost me around 15€ which its totally fine.



◊ Day 2, Thursday ◊ 




New day, new choices. Ours where clearer. Hopped out of bed, took a real nice breakfast at this place called L´autre café. We got half a baguette with butter, two jams, freshly squeezed orange juice and a hot beverage for 7€, which is a really good prize.

I didn´t mention before, we bought a 10 piece metro ticket, for 10 rides (15€), and took three of them to get to the Catacombes de Paris, where we got in for 10 bugs a person (reduced price).

They are always spooky and interesting at the same time. Lets just leave it there.

We did try something for lunch, but the place was ok and the food was really not that good. I wanted to like it but thinking back now, I regret it a lot. Lets just say we had noodles and they were not that tasty. (Prize around 11€, for noodles with duck, plus Ice tea for 3€).

That called for a belly calming walk, best thing, we were really close to the Jardin de Luxembourg, a long park, filled with huge trees and people doing sports, yoga, eating ice-cream and relaxing in front of the flower field. A nice break, from the grey stone, wich is pulling through the city. And a place to find a public toilet (which was really clean!).

That day was so nice to this point, and just got better. 

Back to the place de la Republique, we walked down the Boulevard the Temple and found a shop I was excited to finally see myself, the Merci-Shop , a magical place. Leading to the shop, they have got a café and a restaurant. Both seemed to be super crowded and looked charming. The café is actually in the shop but at a sideway with bookshelf in the back. The shop offers plants, clothes, linen, stationary and a lot more (and a good amount of money is to be left for the one to buy something there, lets just but it that way.) But it wasn't tempting for me. It was just whimsical and super interesting to stroll through.

Did I mention earlier that the day was getting better and better? Well, now is the time I fell in love with a place in Paris. More a space. The Marais. Where should I beginn. If you put little narrow streets, cobble stone like ground, little places back to back, you definitely will catch my heart.
There is so much to discover. Shops, art galleries, parks, and the most little restaurants to dine with a glass of mighty good wine. (Sorry for that rhyme ;)). You should see Marais yourself, I can´t give it justice.

A few macarons (from Damyel) later and we found our place to eat, an italian restaurant, which sadly, I can't find the name again, even after google maps searches. But it was really nice, good food (I had tender beef with gorgonzola sauce and noodles, for starter a squid carpaccio and a rosé wine, for desert we had a wonderful tiramisu). It was the last night in paris, so I was ok with spending money for good food. (33€)

I shouldn´t have bought that freaking 9€ baileys, but at least the olives where really nice. 

A wonderful day.


◊ Day 3, Friday ◊





Time to pack my tiny backpack and hunt for some breakfast. And where to hunt for breakfast in paris? Clearly in Hollybelly. We had so much luck. We came, waited for 10 minutes and came into the sweet café. I took the savory pancakes, with bacon, eggs and wonderful sweet sauce. (For about 13€). It was good and a nice final stop for the trip.



◊ So back home ◊

To be perfectly honest, the first day was mediocre. But the second day was a beauty. If I had a day in Paris, I would stroll along the Marais and eat my eyes through the shops and my tummy through the restaurants.

And thats all I got for this trip. Hope you catched some useful information to take into your plans for paris.

Until next time, freshly cut spring greetings

See you














Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen