Mittwoch, 30. September 2015

DIY Leather Strap Mirror

Hi there,

Sometimes you get really sick of your own space. Its too small, everything seems to look really boring and not as stylish as you wish it would. I have to admit, sometimes those feelings appear due to pictures of outrages and gorgeous rooms I see on pinterest. These allways look so nice and put together. My personal problem are the endless amounts of skewy walls in my room. These annoy me the most. But then I think, wathever I have to make it work, somehow. Therefore I´m constantly hunting for stuff around the house that I might use to make my space more pretty. Let´s be honest. Its easy, cheap and you have it right when you need it. This time I found a pretty big,round mirror. The combination of too much pinterest and a round mirror lead to this tutorial. I hope you enjoy it and maybe try it out yourself.






First: Needed Supplies




How to make it: You should first figure out, how long your belts have to be, so you can hang it later and it´s the length you wanted it to be. You can try this out by attaching the belts to each other, to create a closed,long belt that fits the size of the mirror and the length of the hanging strap. (The pictures below show these steps). Next, you simply hot glue the belt to the side of the mirror. If the glue doesn´t stick to the leather material, use a glue thats stronger or for leather.Wait until the glue is completly dried and figure out, how high you want to hang it up. I used a closed hook to drill into the wall and simply attach the mirror by running one end of the belt trough the hook and attaching the belt to the other belt again.


Picture left: measuring the size
Picture top: hot glueing
Picture bottom:connecting belts

















The final result:

I really hope you liked this DIY. Its easy and looks really good on plain walls or surounded by pictures or other wall decorations.You can also make severall ones in different sizes and different leather belts.

Have a nice day, See you =)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen