Montag, 30. November 2015

Christmas Series Part 1: Adventcalendar for your special ones

Make an own advent calendar

Gifts are allways something I want to be special. If I give gifts to someone they have to be somehow personalized or something they need, want or is practically. As a kid I loved to open the doors of my adventcalendar either chocolate or with toys or with little gifts.

This year I wanted to make my boyfriend a neet little suprise. I doesnt have to be expensive, It is more the amount of work put into it that makes it really special. I hope he will like it.



the calendar:

I first made out what form of "doors" I wanted. I actually really like the looks of paper bags with white and black gold or silver writting on them. I wanted to paint the numbers on by myself.
You can either print labels for the numbers out or just draw them on. If you print them its useful to print them on stickable paper and just stick them on the "doors".


the gifts:




+


There are endless things to throw in you ´re little bags or behind some kind of door. My favorite things (to keep it special, personalized but at the same time on a low price level) are :





  • Candy (preferable wrapped in nice wrappers) 
Candy is always nice. Christmas season is full of sweets so why not make it sweeter for your special one? I found some self-made candy drops which taste really nice and look vintage. If you know his/her favorite sweet why not make it yourself or buy some fancy versions of it?
  • little chocolate bars
Most people like chocolate. You can either buy some little christmas bars, customized online or even make them yourself by melting chocolate and adding ingredients like rice crispies , marshmallows, candy cane or dried fruit. Finish them with a message in another chocolate color.
  • chocolate santa 
Classic. I put it in the referring 6th door for saint nicks day here in Germany. Pick a small one and be carful not to crush him (its happening faster than you expect)
  • gift cards (personalized)
Sweet little gift cards are easy, inexpensive and adorable. You can make gift card for a foot massage, cinema evening at home with self-made popcorn, dinner for two ... Its endless and the most personal gift. 
I personalized them with three graphics matching to the receiver.
  • jokes, quotes that he or she refers to or is suiting
Make your sweety laugh or think of something nice. I love a good bad joke and some philosophical time during the day. It can brighten their day or make them happier. You never know until you try... to  make a bad joke.
  • Pictures (of you, him/her , or together, memories
Print some pictures out. Of you two or just one. I picked some funny ones of both of us and left some messages on them. Memories are the best things you have together and in common.

  • Extra little bits : Bath Salt, Selfmade Scrub, self-made lip balm, hot cocoa spoon

the final touches: 

I wanted to make sure non of the things come out of the bags. Therefore I had to close them. 
The closure was easy: Pinched holes through the bags on the top and looped different kinds of yarn through them. One was black and white, the other blue and the last one silver. 
And It shouldn't end there. To make it extra christmasy I added some labels with the same print as the custom gift cards, some bags got a little bit of nature (tiny branch of pine), and some got special bows. 































And there you have it. I put them randomly in his room and waited to see his reaction to all the little bags watching from now one for 24 days.

You can hang them up on a nice branch, copper tube, window , decorate them with nice lights, pine branches etc. There are no limits.

I hope you found a way to make your loved ones a little gift for the dark season and recreate your own calendars

I wish you all a baggy day

Until next time.

See you

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen