Freitag, 13. November 2015

Discovering Paris - capital within and without in 2 and a half days -- the foodie --

Tasting Paris
I love food. If France screams for me for one thing, its allways food. I love testing new things or discovering a really good version of an old classic. Paris is known to have a lot of star cooks and expensive restaurants.
I have to say, I´m not after the star cuisine,I am after authenitc atmosphere, good food and a nice location. Good food is barely not missable in Paris. They have got tons of brasseries, restaurants, street coffeeshops etc.. We drank a lot more (coffe, obviously not wine), than we ate, due to the high prices and tested us through  few cafés. We all think really noticable was the lack of bad coffee. Every single one was good, not burned and enough for the price. Sometimes we grabbed something on the go, other times we sat down for a longer time, to nejoy the coffee and the location.

If you are like me and love sitting in a more quiet area without all the tourists, you have to move apart from the attractions. There are caffees everywhere and you will not find an area without a good equipped boulangerie (and for good, they allways have some really nice sweet treats).

I thought why not make a little food diary to follow me as I eat myself through a little part of paris.

Friday:
We arrived around 12:00 in a bakery:

 The classics: croissant, and pain au chocolat
The bakery offered a lot of treats and luckily wasn´t far from our apartment.





























After visiting the Louvre we had to pick something for lunch


This food waggon was right in front of the exit. It is from a bakery called Paul. During my trip I saw one of the bakeries and the waggon. So we just grabbed something there. The food was expensive but good and I felt full after it.I ate an tomatoe,mozarella sandwich with green pesto sauce. It is good but a little bit small for the price.














We wanted to visit the Musée de l´Orangerie after it and decided to take the way through the jardin the Tuileries.( By the way it is really pretty). Before visiting the museum I wanted to visit the famouse caffee Angelina. Its right next to the park.



Bildunterschrift hinzufügen







Some comments on the caffee: It is really pretty, It feels good inside, you may have to wait if there are many people there waiting in front of it. Oh yeah waiting, Really common in paris. The food is good but heavy and really pricy. The Angelina was a one time experience I wanted to see and taste. I tried the African hot chocolate and an African chocolate cake. The chocolate is very heavy but good. The cake was also really nice but too much so I shared it with my boyfriend. The others were happy about their coffes and Eclairs.






Sadly the museum closed right in front our eyes.

After changing the plan and seeing other parts of paris, we bought some groceries and made ourselfes some dinner. The shops aorund our area are good supplied and open for a long time, even 24/7. At home we made some bruscetta.


Its simple to do: 
You need: 2 baguettes, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, other herbs you prefer
You make it: Cut the baguettes in slices and add some olive oil on top. You can either make them in a pan or the oven. I put them in the oven as I think they get crunchier. Another thing to to differently, is to either cut the garlic really thin or just rub it over the bread. Be careful ! Garlic burns fast and leaves a nasty bitter flavour. So pop it on the top of the baguettes if they are already starting to get crunchy.
Meanwhile chop the tomatoes into little squares and season them with salt,pepper and desired herbs.
Finally place it onto some nice plates and bowls and enjoy your bruscetta warm.


We enjoyed it with some rosé wine. It was really delicous. If you are really hungry you should add something else to the bruscetta.

Saturday:
We ate breakfast at the apartment which contained some baguette, orange juice, jam and butter.

After a long time in another attraction we ate again at Paul but this time at the real bakery. Again the food is good but pricy.




The sandwich was really good, even better than the mozarella one (It is a chicken sandwich)
The apple tart is a long time favorite. Not from this bakery bu generally. Its traditional with apple, apricot jam and pastry.













Around midday we drank some really nice coffee at a coffe nearby the Sacre Coeur.




It is called  L'Eté en Pente Douce. The stuff is really nice. Generally the coffee also offered some really nice looking food and the interior is really sweet and chaotic.

After visiting the area around the Sacre Coeur we found a really nice restaurant to eat dinner.
"Chez Ginette" is a classic french restaurant with nice outdoor tables and charming at nighttime. Its close to  a Metro station which ment thath we could easily come home.

The staff was nice and the food good. They have something for everyone with a rather rustic meal desire. Meats, soup, salad, pasta etc. The drinks were nice as well. I had a lamb shank with couscous and a pink mojito. Both things were good but the couscous needed some sauce. That is the only little problem I had there. Sadly I didn´t take fotos from my food due to bad lighting but of my boyfriends steak (which was really good) and a little round potato grattin. The price was higher as I am used to but for paris ok.


Sunday:



 Our last meal was definetly not th least one. For the whole trip I searched online for some really nice coffee shops. I found a lot. We visited an area that had 3 different shops that I had on my list. We decided to go to a shop called "Hollybelly". It was such a cool place. First I was alittle upset because we had to put ourselfes on a waiting list and waited about 30 min. to get a seat. Crazy right? But it was so worth it and we used the spare time to make some outfit shot just around the corner. If we wouldn´t have waited there I propably would have never found the nice background for the fotos. 
The inside is just to cool to be real. Its a L-Shaped café with a long entry way, a to go cofé station to the right and an opend up kitchen. We sat at a long table really close to other people.The perfect way to get into conversations. They have a really nice breakfast menue. I ordered some Café Latte and Pancakes with bacon, sirup and fried eggs. It was heaven. The café Latte was really nice and dind´t left a nasty taste in my mouth. The others had some variation of british/french breakfast. The price was ok but the atmosphere and the expirience was worth it. All in all we couldn´t have picked a better last place to eat









And thats almost it. I just picked up some sweet treats up from the local bakery before we left. The pink one is a huge Maccaron with strawberries and the other one a lemon pie with meringue. Both were very delicous and sticky as hell.



I felt really happy after all the meals, regret no buy, except from the first meal at Pauls food truck (I should have picked a bigger sandwich for the same price) and spent a lot of money. But it was totally worth it.

My final opinion: Food is good, expensive, café is good and the stuff almost speaks english fluent all the time.

So thats it for my food experience.
If you go there check out some markets if you have got the chance and buy some local products like cheese or sausage. One thing I totally missed this year was the classic cheese and sausage plate. But next time I will get it.

Until next time
Have a nice day

See you







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen