Montag, 9. November 2015

Discovering Paris - capital within and without in 2 and a half days

The french allwasy seem to inspire me.

Where I have been.




From a young age I allways went somewhere in France.
The south and the drôme Provencale allways keep a very special place in my heart.When I was younger I thought it was boring there. Not many people, nothing to do. But now I slowly started to realize thats those places are not about attractions or masses. They are about living, relaxing and enjoying. You feel so differently. The country is different and so are the people.

Now to paris. Paris has allways been interesting. Not just the tour d´Eiffel and the Louvre, more the lifestyle, the parisienne and the food. Visiting la France a lot I had some high hopes for good food and good fashion. And lets just say my expectations where fulfilled in the fullest.

Paris came to my mind as my boyfriends family wanted to visit a german city but we canceled it. I said for fun why not visit paris? And to my suprise everyone said : "yes lets go". So I started to research. Yes everyone heart somehow about paris but I din´t knew how much it can offer. We set our time window on 2,5 days and started to plan.

I think these tips may help some of you to plan your trip. If you´re a foodie, little bit touristy and lover of french street style this may apply to you really good.

I started off with the basics.

  • how to get there?
  • where to stay?
  • how to move in the city?

How to get there is basically by train, plane,bus or car
Train; In Germany the train sometimes offers special tickets to Paris. If you watch out they may apply to you. These would have been around 80 Euros for the whole trip. If you don´t bother about the high train prices just go ahead. Its comfortable and fast. The train needs around 4-5h (from Frankfurt)

Bus: We have a newly build up bus system in Germany (Fernbus/Flixbus) that drives from several cities to paris. I would have paid from 60-80 Euros if I drove by bus.There are allways night busses, so you can start in the evening and arrive in the morning. The bus is driving a lot longer, about 11H, due to the stay in the different cities. 

Plane: If you´re living more apart or want a smoother travell you can allways take a plane. If you book early enough you´ll propably catch a good deal. I decided spontanious to visit pairs therefore the tickets would have been really pricy.

Car: We decided to drive by car. We started in the early morning to miss any traffic holdup especially in the city itself. There are a few things to know if you travell by car. French autoroutes have road charge. So these are costs you should consider in to your cost account. Also you have to park you car anywhere. There are allways parking spots on the streets. On sundays you should be able to park free there but on weekdays they can be pretty expensive. We wanted a saver option so we searched for good car parks nearby and we found this website: http://www.parisfranceparking.de/
You can reserve a place and have a safe place for your car. We stayed there for 3 days and paid 50Euros. It is a bit expensive but it would be more expensive to fix the car.

Where to stay?
I admit it. I am never a huge fan of hotels. I just like to have something more privat with a kitchen and supplies to cook for myself. Therefore I straight went up and looked on airbnb. After some time browsing trough the rules, how it works and what to do in difficult situations, I started to look for some matching apartments. I found a lot for really good prices and finally found the perfect one. I talked to the host and after a little conversation I booked the aparment for 2 nights. All in all, all of us 4 had to pay under 130 Euros for two nights in paris with 2 rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and separated sleeping areas. The whole exprerience was really pleasant and I will definetly make it the same,next time I stay somewhere else.

How to move?
Obviously there is the Metro. It is really good structured. If you´re mostly staying in the inner zones (1-3) you pay the least price for the tickets and need about 40 min, from one end to the other. On normal weekdays we bought a day ticket which costs for the inner Zones 7 euros per person. 
If you are between 18-26 you have even more luck in the weekends. You just pay around 4 euros on saturdays and sundays. Generally paris offers a lot of discounts and free entrance for the youth which I appreciated a lot Also the day tickets provide bus transportations as wellas the use of the RER fast trains within the city. The Metro has got an own app which is RATP in the app store where you can find everything you need about the metro sytstem..


Making Planing easier:
I searched a lot around to find the spots I really wanted to see. Due to the short period of time we had there I wanted to get the most of my time. I first made my own map on google maps and arranged everything I found and liked on there. I searched on pinterest, made a pinwall,searched on google (on blogs), looked for insider places, mainly to lower the touristy level, looked inside magasines (fashion, lifestyle and also raw travelling (Like GEO.Special). I collected them all on my map and looked through the ratings and pictures. The ones I really liked stayed. I wanted to make a mix of museums, restaurants, parks and monuments and added them as well.
My personal map is here if you want to check it out =).


There are obviously a lot of places I never visited but in case of changes on the trip I wanted to have alternatives.


Thats about it for the first part of my little paris series.

There will be some other aspects coming up as well. So stay tuned

I really hope these informations helped you out and make you paris planing easier.

Have a nice day

See you.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen